Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey, Hey, Hey, I have got a bike.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Guest, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Finally......

I bought a 97 Suzuki Across - yes there will be another Across rider on this forum. LOL!!

It's teal in colour. I would have inserted a pic but don't know how to.

Will be picking it up as soon as the RWC is done. It has minor scratches on the right hand side which I am not overly fussed about but otherwise the bike is really good condition. Reg up until June 05.

My bike mate came with me and he took it for a spin, checked it over and liked it!! He rides a Harley - what a sight seeing him ride a 250. pmsl!! :p

Rang Western QBE - insurance will cost me $233 (fully comp). They took into account my driving history and I did mention Netrider which I am sure will make Vic happy!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

2. Welcome to the wonderful world of two wheels...

but WHY did you buy one of those!!! We need more CRUISERS !!!

((for those anal people - this was NOT an Across shot!))

3. Congrats Lids! :D

Did yours come with the flip out make-up mirror and optional lipstick holder? :LOL: .....ah just kidding, maybe..... :wink:

Going by all the handbaggers you'll have many great times on the machine. Have you named it yet?

So I guess we'll see you at coffee this week?

4. Congrats on the purchase Lids, you couldn't have chosen a better bike ;) :D

5. Congrats!!!

I picked up my 92 Across last Friday, so I share your excitement ;) :D

Hope to come along on one of these rides soon when I am confident so hope to see you there!

6. Flipper. She could have bought a better bike, it could have been red :D

Congrats on the astute model choice, I'm sure someone could recommend a spray painter for the colour. Regards 1991 RED Across rider.

Edited by Flipper to indicate the correct Gender ;)

7. Well this is true but another ACROSS nonetheless :D:D

8. congrats there lids, izzit cool to ask what you paid for it? you didn't buy it off another monaro owner did you :LOL:

9. Did I mention mine is Cherry Red ;)

10. Congrats! Enjoy it, ride it lots, get lotsa experience and don't add anymore scratches to it.

11. Well done Lids, Congratulations!!!

12. well done!!! another across!!!
    and we got the same colour :D :D

13. Onya Lids! Good choice on the bike :D

14. Hmmmm. Congratulations I guess but can you really consider an Across a bike? Maybee a motorised shopping trolly is a better description. :p :LOL:

15. Congratulations Lids.

Happy and safe riding. O:)

16. Congrats Lids safe riding & see you at coffee!

17. Congrats Lids!!

(yours goes lots faster than mine!)

18. Congrats Lids :D

19. Thanks guys!!

In answer to some of questions;

No, I haven't named my bike yet but got ideas - maybe Scooby (as I just love Scooby Doo) but I don't know. I'll wait until I get my bike.

There was no way I was going to get a red bike as I hate the colour red. Sorry to those with red bikes. I am quite happy with the teal!! :p

It cost me $3900. Liked it when I saw it, it was neat and stuff and just love the boot (it will come in handy) A girl thing!! Anyways, thanks to Deb - she made me sit on a few Across' at the HQ bbq a few weeks back.

Martyh wrote:
    PMSL :p

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D