Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey hey everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Lukey Luke, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Big Hello from another new rider (12 months) Am from far east Gippsland (Orbost) and have been lurking around many of your posts/threads (whatever the correct term is for these things) learning and enjoying many fun and educational facts. Look forward to meeting and chatting with many of you on here in the future, also hope as the weather warms a little more in the coming months to find some peeps to ride with :watching: and may even look at straying towards Melbourne to join in on some big boy rides if you'll have me! (y)

2. Hey hey Oakley.....was down your way in May....lovely neck of the woods....you're an older rider than me, 6 months here......hope you can ride better than me lol
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome to NR ! Orbost , eh ? - Gateway to the Bonang , lucky bugger !! Enjoy the ride !
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Howdy, welcome aboard.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Lukey Luke, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    Hey caz, it can be a nice place to live when your out on the bike! I am seriously still very much a beginner when it comes to riding.... but every day I get a little better (I think) (y) Practice seems to make everything smoother. So were you riding down here or just passing through on other business?

Thanks for the welcome GoldNine! I know right what a road! Has been a very interesting place to learn to ride let me assure you ;)

Hi Mcsenna. Thanks for the welcome bro (y)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. welcome aboard :]
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome! Practice doesn't make perfect but it does make better. Riding with more experienced riders (unless they've got some REALLY bad habits) helps too.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks Jeffco, great to be here mate!
  9. Thanks of the welcome Hornet! HaHa you got that right (y) Big part of the reason I have joined NR is to meet some "better than me" riders to ride with and join some of you great peeps for the occasional group ride every other weekend if it happens to be close enough to be doable. Seems to be a lack of riders in my local area looking for someone to ride with. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places. Hope to rectify this here tho!
  10. Oakley, I was on hols....was a pillion though...think it would have been too far and too long for my little bike :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Oh cool. I am sure the Duke would love the ride! Only problem is it's a little friggin cold right now :facepalm: Oh well if you guys are every in the area again and wanna take a day to explore some twisies let us know, we can sort out accommodation if need be also (y)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks Sammyboy! cheers bro
    • Like Like x 1