Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey guys!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Charlesworthit, Jan 23, 2014.

1. First of all, I'll start with my name. I'm Tim, 19 this year, live in brisbane, and just got my RE license on monday! I am picking up my first bike tomorrow, a 2009 ninja 250r which I am quite stoked about, will be fun to learn on for my first year anyway! I will hopefully be attending a few of the track days at QR in the near future as well. I'd love to get out and ride with some of you guys, and get immersed in the scene, as I am quite new to motorbikes ( I have a decent backround in cars though ) and would love to pick the brains of some of the experts on here :)

Will post pictures of my baby tomorrow!
  2. Welcome to NR, Tim
  3. Welcome !
  4. [​IMG]

Disregard terrible image quality and overly redneck stickers, but will supply more details tomorrow, I have so riding to attend to ;)
  5. welcome mate :)
  6. Welcome to NR! I also had a ninja. Awesome bike to learn on
  7. Cheers guys! Yeah the bike is great fun so far! I noticed yesterday that the chain was slapping on the rear swingarm, so I tightened it up this morning and it seems to be better. I have a sneaking suspicion that the sprockets are worn though, anyone have any tips on how to tell? I read that there are supposed to be grooves on the teeth of the sprockets or something? Not sure, but I'm thinking of changing the sprocket setup to 14/47 for a little bit more acceleration around town. All in good time though!
  8. Welcome Mate, Check the shape of the sprocket teeth. Generally you replace chain and sprockets together.

9. Yeah i figured as much, cheers for the reply! I will get onto ordering a new chain and sprocket kit :)

Any brisbane riders down to cruise yet?