Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by N02Oct, May 23, 2012.

1. Hello all, mid-life crisis newbie rider. Wife and kids not all that impressed ! :) Just done the HART course and got my L's currently looking for a bike. Would love the VTR250 but may have to settle for the CB125E...

2. please lord...don't buy the bloody gutless things...i'm appauled at the amount of these i see turned out at local dealers simply because they're piss cheap (by all means im no expert but cannot comprehend being stuck on any 125 as a learner unless i was a tiny fella)

buy a second hand 250

by all means i'm a youngin with 10 months under my belt...feel free to disregard the above dribble

regardless, Welcome mate :]

3. Welcome N02Oct, 87crises has a point. If you are a compact size the 125 may be Ok but they are a small engine so a second hand 250 or above is probably a better bet. You have a much wider range of bikes for a learner now days with the LAMS scheme.

NSW: Approved motorcycles for novice riders

4. Hey fellas, thanks for the input. Im gonna wait a little longer and save for the VTR250.

5. Welcome to the forums N02Oct
    and welcome to the mid life crisis club
    where in Sydney

6. Welcome to NR. I also agree the VTR 250 will get you through the test & 12 months of enjoyment once you get your Ps.

7. Northern beaches mate.

8. haha, I did my my midlife crisis learning back in january. Welcome aboard!

9. Welcome mate, enjoy :) I'm a complete noob too, starting out with an XVS 650. My noob advice is, try sitting on a load of different bikes and see which you feel comfy on. You'll find your style and fit quick enough. I just couldn't go past the cruisers but then I do like chrome :) All the best!

10. welcome to nr and congrats on your L's... enjoy the ride.

11. Welcome to NR :)