Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hey everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cheston3, Jun 3, 2007.

1. i am oversea student studying in RMIT(bourke) in melbourne, was riding a spada before, in my L and P.. just got myself a R6 '01. My riding experience is not much, so still a noob, need heaps of guidance from everyone. i dont know much about bikes, just love riding. the carefree feeling is just indescribable, i believe everyone here will agree with me.

Right now, my R6 having some problems, it wont start when the engine is cold, i tried choke on, off, throttle on, off.. not that it does not have enough battery power or something. i have no chioce but to push start it with help of a friend. i wish to find a good and cheap repairer preferably in the city or nearby who can fix my bike so that i can join you guys on thursday night mystery ride.

hope to recieve some PM or replies here on how about solving my problem, be it a suggestion of repairer or a solution that i can do myself.

2. First of all, welcome to the greatest motorcycle forum in the known universe :)

Secondly, I'm sure there's heaps of R1 expertise in your immediate area...
  3. that is a fast reply.. haha..
    where can i find these experts?? will love to meet them.. hehe
  4. Don't be impatient, laddie, 12 people have read your post already :LOL:.
  5. welcome to the forum. there'll be someone here who'll be able to help you out i'm sure..
  6. Welcome Cheston3,
    you made a good move introducing yourself first.
    I've very little mechanical knowlege about bikes, just like you love to ride 'em. That is all.
  7. Welcome aboard..

Hmmm, when was the last time you had your carbies tuned??

IS it trying to kick over and wont start, or is it just doing nothing when you hit the start button..
  8. i just bought it, so i dont know when the last carb tune was done. do you have any recommentation of shops to do it? perferably nearer to city

i will try to do nothing next time..
  9. welcome to this great forum :)
  10. Hmmm, being in the city i am not real sure. I would get the bike fully tuned inc carbs.. Maybe someone can recommend a good service dept close for you. I can steer you to the north side of town if thats a help.. :)