Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mattwa, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Have been a long time reader of the site, and finally decided it was time to officially join the conversation.

I've had my P's for 3 months now, and I'm wondering what to do next. I feel like I've plateaued a little in my confidence and skills. I basically feel like I'm teaching myself at the moment and that doesn't seem wise!

If anyone could advise on a next step or point me in the direction of a forum that would suit me, please do!

I'm riding a beautiful blue '07 Honda VTR250 which I love.

Looking forward to continuing the journey on 2 wheels. Love the site, and the supportive atmosphere it generates. Well done!

2. welcome matt, which state you in?
  3. Welcome aboard. As Kernel said, where are you from?
  4. Thanks guys. I'm in Sydney.

Must work out how to put that onto my profile.
  5. check out the Sydney learners training. (homebush I believe).
  6. read the helpful riding tips and cornering tips people put up here...............

experience is the key, its hard to know how confident you are and your actual skills until youve been tested in emergency situations. Sometimes skills flies out the window when faced with with an emergency situation and all your confidence can disappear after an accident................

Most important thing is that you enjoy :).........................
  7. Thanks again guys.

minglis: I had a quick look, and without trying to be big headed, it seems a bit basic for where I'm at. I wish I'd known about it 6 months ago! Is there a sort of intermediate meet up around Sydney?

AznCruiser: This is what I'm saying, I don't know how I would react at all. I've been doing a fair bit of reading, both here and I've got the Keith Code books (2 seems more relevant than 1) , but putting it all together on the bike seems difficult without some feedback.

I will continue trying to suck up as much info as I can, and I appreciate the advice. I'm definately enjoying it and love getting on the bike, but it feels like I'm just around the corner from finally "getting it" and being more confident in my ability. Maybe that's the wrong idea.

8. OK, I get where you're at now mate. For me, I find that I STILL like to go do the basics at practice, but then I ALSO do other work with other guys that help me develop more advanced skills. I still think that getting down there might be a good start, as there are some experienced guys down there that may be able to point you in the right direction. At least, that's what I'd tell anyone in Melbourne, based on the skills sessions here. I'm not sure what they are like in Sydney, but I assume you'd find experienced riders there who can give you a bit more.

Good luck either way Matt, stay upright and stay safe.
  9. I'll refrain from posting the "welcome mat" pic, and just say "Welcome Matt" :LOL:
  10. Hey matt, welcome to NR
  11. Welcome aboard, Matt & enjoy the forum dude.