Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey-Diddily-Ho Neighbor-eeno!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kiwink, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Howdy!

Hope everyone has enjoyed their holidays and the start of the new year!

While travelling from La Trobe Street to Little Collins Street in a car, I had an epiphany 45 minutes into that journey that I needed to learn to ride a motorcycle. In the span of a few weeks I've been able to take a course at HART (highly recommended for lurkers who have still yet to make the leap) get a motorcycle (Kawasaki Vulcan S 2016) and spend the last three weeks riding around trying to absorb as much info that my sponge-like brain can handle.

Only just discovering this site in the last few hours I've already learnt so much from the tips and chain maintenance threads that I just had to sign myself up and join the community!

Sorry for the ramblings.

Hope we can be friends

Dan.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2.  Top
  3. Welcome to a lifetime of addiction to two wheels!

4. Welcome Dan! Your story mirrors hundreds that pop up here on Netrider from year to year, hope you can stick around and contribute...

5. Welcome. Always good to have another rider on the roads :)

6. Welcome to NR Dan!

7. good on ya kiwinkkiwink have fun and enjoy chuckling at long rows of commuters!

8. Welcome mate - always good when those epiphanies happen isn't it. Have a squizz at the the Saturday Practice thread - you can pop down to Elwood and meet a bunch of people, learn some bike skills, and arrange rides from there if you like.

9. Welcome to NR...

As above...Saturday practice rocks.

10. Welcome aboard Dan.

I had the same epiphany about 10 years ago also traveling South across the Melbourne CBD.

11. Stupid Flanders

12. welcome aboard :) congrats on the Ls and the bike

13. Welcome to Netrider and 2 wheels Dan!......ditto the Saturday morning practice at Elwood :)

14. Welcome Dan.

15. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Certainly feel like I've taken the right step in becoming a safer rider by reading the threads here, and hope to be a 2 wheel addict for life! Not just a summer fling that I've already read about. (Even if I did happen to get into this in summer :v)

I'll definately will look into joining a Saturday ride at some point, when I don't feel like I'll be holding people back.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Dan