Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hey calm down lady !!!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by obrut, Dec 7, 2005.

1. well its been 21 long years since I last rode a bike until now and I am luvn it,
    but why do these cagers get so upset when we lane filter up to the lights?

had one today, she was on the horn waving and shaking her head like a mental patient WTF.so I drove off at 10k and no faster,boy was she pissed.

chances are I will be sitting at the next set of lights when they are still in first gear,so its not like I am holding anybody up.

2. I hope she wasn't an off-duty policewoman :p

Oh, and welcome to the forum, from another returnee :D
  3. It's just everyone's favourite green-eyed moster coming out to play....they're just jealous they're stuck waaaaaaaaaay back there....hahahaha

Well I'd say so.....can't say I've lane split yet but gimmee a chance - it's only been 3 days since I got my L's, gimmee at least a week :LOL:
  4. Thank you hornet600,
    only had my 600 ninja for 4 weeks but am already looking for a 900 :LOL:
  5. I'll buy your 600 obrut - will you take $1000 ?????

ps/ Welcome to the nuthouse
  6. welcome back to the real world
  7. thanks for the very generous offer Doonks but at this moment I must decline :LOL: :LOL:

ahhhh the real world,it's good to be back!
  8. dont let them psycho cagers phase ya mate, there all fukin nuts!
  9. When they get all hot'n'bothered, just give 'em a cheery wave and a thumbs up - and watch the steam come out of their ears :p
    Drives 'em nuts!
  10. We must also thank the few cage drivers that are switched on and actually move a few cm's to enable us to lane split, i get them sometimes, more often than not they are tradies in a ute or panel van.
  11. Yeah tradies seems to give alot more room for me when i'm splitting/filtering. I've even noticed a mack truck pul into the bike lane a bit to let me past...

I had a guy go out of his way to block me when i was filtering main north road during peak hour. The dumbass intentionally moved his car to the right to block the gap between lanes when he saw me in his mirrors, and I saw him have a laugh to himself so I simply cut behind him and down his passenger side then infront of his bonnet where i waved and nodded at him (i was getting real dirty looks) so i just kept splitting laughing my head off...
  12. Car drivers hate lane-splitting; I think people see it as pushing in, but fail to understand that they aren't incovenienced. I used to hate it riders lanseplit when I was a youngin on my P's, and didn't ride. Reflecting, I can't for the life of me think why! The only thing I can attribute to it is JEALOUSY and the impression that traffic somehow resembles a line to the movie box office.
  13. I get that all the time as well. If I have room, I'll give em the thumbs
    up for doing it as well.

As for cagers cracking it, I've had a horn maybe once or twice, if that,
    in the last 6mths. You just been unlucky I think :LOL:

F*ck em! When I did get the horn I didnt bat an eyelid, so for all I know
    the driver prolly thinks I didnt even hear them blow :LOL:
  14. I've had a horn once in the past 3 years of splitting.

And she shut up once I got off, stood up and turned back to look at her.
  15. Best thing to do is dress as intimidating as possible, for the cruiser guys, where a shorty helmet, black rap around goggles, and a black bandana cloth covering your face up to your goggles, ive seen one fella riding around like that, i bet no cager gives him shit, or ye olde black visor :LOL:
    rememeber, black is the most feared human colour, use it!
  16. last winter I was sitting at an intersection between a side street and a main street...

It was raining, and I was going to have to cross 2 sets of tram lines to the right.... Traffic was coming from the left constantly, aswell as traffic from the right turning into my street...

I was already pissed off because I had been sitting there for 3 minutes, with rain seeping into my gloves... when the taxi behind me honks me...

I just mumble "whatever" and keep waiting.... There honestly was not a single time when I could have gone safely...

anyways... he honks again... this time longer ..... So I pivot on my motorcycle and look at him... then give him the "what do you want me to do" hand signal...

A few seconds later, he honks, 3 times... the last one beeing really long...

At this point I am bloody angry (which I hardly ever ever get)... So I get off my bike... Walk over to his car (he winds up his window most of the way) ... Flip my visor up and yell something along the lines of "If you honk that damned horn one more **** time... Im going to **** my *** with your *** and shove that horn up your ****.

He didnt honk again after that...
  17. yeah I was wearing my black dririder and i'm not a small guy but it being a female whats a guy to do, except shake the head and laugh.
  18. Had a guy honk at me once because I didn't run the red lights.
    He did and jammed the brakes almost running into the back of me.
    If I had run the lights I would have tboned the car turning right across my path so I chose the lesser of 2 evils.