Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hey all

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by meh, Feb 10, 2005.

1. hey jsut got my learners today and starting my courses next week to go up to my opens

so im in need of a bike,

what do u look out for when buying a bike ?

2. I assume that since you say you are going to your opens you are in QLD?

Another question for clarification - when you say what do you look for are you meaning what should you look at when buying a used bike (i.e. what trouble spots could occur - if so look at https://netrider.net.au/articles/?page=used_bike_guide )

If you mean what should you consider when thinking about the type of bike...
    - do you want sporty, cruiser, naked...
    - speed /acceleration ?
    - comfort?
    - personal size (goes with comfort)
    - will you be taking pillion

the list goes on... consider what you want to do with the bike and the requirements will come from there...

3. yeh im from qld on the gold coast

thats excatly wat i was after thanx :LOL:

4. Hi Meh, welcome to the site.

If you can wait til you get your licence, take the bikes you are considering out for a test ride - that's one thing I couldn't do when I was looking (I ended up buying new anyway) but I did take along a mate who was v.experienced with bikes and got him to test ride a few for me. One made a nasty, buzzy whirrry noise when he rode it, like something loose vibrating... guy said it had been like that for ages, hence, assumed it was a poorly maintained bike, took my money elsewhere. Pays not to get emotional about these things too.

good luck and safe riding. -s.

5. good to c ur on the road,welcome to the world of riders