Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by un1t, Jan 16, 2012.

1. yet another newbie here, have joined NR to help get in to riding more ..
    really keen to get in to riding on the track and looking for some help and maybe some guidance on getting started ...so any tips or good threads anyone knows of would be greatly appreciated ...

2. Welcome to NR. (y)
  3. welcome to NR
  4. Welcome un1t, if you mean competition track riding then Motorcycling Australia is the relevant body. They have some good info on their web site on how to get in to competition riding.

If you mean just open track days for road riders then lots of different groups run track days, Champion Ride Days is the vendor appointed for the Broadford track for instance.

You may be thinking about running before you can walk though :)
  5. Thanks cjvfr,

Yeah i was aware of the various groups that run the days .. i was more after what sort gear to take and what to expect, things like where i could possibly hire a trailer (if thats even possible) that sort of thing..

I rode PI on the weekend at CSS level 1 and want to find somewhere to practice the drills ..
  6. Hi and welcome to NR