Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Max Powers, May 15, 2009.

1. Hey guys... just the usual quick introduction for me... name is Ben and my ride is a 2007 Yami R6. Its actually my 4th bike in about as many years but ill be keeping this baby for a while... I'm absolutly in love with it! great bike! :grin:

anyways heres a few pics... might see some of you melbourne guys out and about sometime.. and might try and get down to one of your events... take care all

2. another r6 rider :dance:

welcome mate :biker:
  3. First of all, with the R6...sorry I can't help you there.

Secondly...with the moderating, did you read the T&C? (Can't say I have read them all, usually get to the 2nd paragraph then...blah,blah,blah) but you must have breached them somewhere. The thing is, if I breach them, I'll do it differently the next time according to what they say.

It may be just me, but I figure that the T&C have not come about by the guys who run this site just saying, "Hey, how can we stop people posting on our site?", but rather, every time the site is abused, trying to rectify and control the protocols to stop it happening again.

Every time I've had a post disallowed, usually when adding an event to the calendar, I've had an explanation as to why and I accept that I may not have read all of the T&C, blah,blah,blah and I change my post to adhere to the rules.

I figure, as a member of this site, they've got my best interests at heart and while your original post may have been purely honest, in the way that you posted it, there could have been others that thought, if he can do that, why can't I do this?
  4. welcome to NR mate .... nice choice of bike
  5. updated with pics guys..
  6. Welcome to NR

Noiiicce bike :grin:
  7. Nice bike... although you seem to be missing indicators on the rear :grin:

Looks great, but looks like cop bait too - had any trouble because of it?

Welcome, btw!
  8. id say the blinkers are intergrated in the taillight (brakelight)

but you already knew that didnt you
  9. haha yep integrated tail light... the R6 fender is a monstrosity...
    haven't noticed it to be cop bait... havent been pulled over yet anyway
  10. I hate those... You can't see them for shit during the day in a truck, are they even legal? Or do they come factory?
  11. They look good but I agree they can be sometimes difficult to see in certain light conditions. As to their legality:

Rear indicators:
    i. there shall be a minimum distance of 180mm between indicator illuminating surfaces.

So maybe something you can be pinged for depending on the local constabulary.

Welcome by the way. Nice bike :)
  12. Waddya mean maybe? They're completely illegal!!! That and the 45 degree rule for the 'mudguard', and I'd say it's only a matter of time before you have some roadside explaining to do, followed by some unmodding to get a defect notice removed.

Still reckon it looks great but.
  13. pfht yeah ok everyone i know who rides a super sport has a fender eliminator fitted... not to mention a quick look through bikesales will show more often than not they have been fitted to bikes on there... i think im pretty safe... cant say id ever be worried about being defected..

i do recognize they are illegal btw... just couldnt care less :)
  14. If you're talking about the tail light, I hope you start to care when a car/truck hits you up the backside because he couldn't see your turning signal
  15. Here Here LolSauce
  16. actually you can very clearly see indicators on the integrated tail light.... :roll:
  17. Welcome to NR, good looking Bike.

Yes one of my friend had exactly the same set up very cleaver.