Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey all, Yet another newbie!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by zero_cool1, May 13, 2008.

1. Hey All!
    my names Brad, I live on the Central Coast in NSW
    I guess i've been into bikes for a fair while now
    ridden alot at friends places, and now finally taking the plunge and getting my own.

I went off and checked out a few bikes today
    found one at a dealer
    and no it wasn't a CBR-250, can't stand them hehe
    I was looking at bang for dollar and also practicality
    and I came across a Suzuki Across (96 mod), I had a sit around on it, started it, moved through the gears on the spot and it seemed okay but obviously can't really tell till I actually ride it, it has been resprayed in purple flake, it has been dropped before from what I can see as there are scrape marks on the mirror and left hand side pegs, dealer said he could do a deal of 3.5k for me
    that includes the Bike, new chain, new battery, new tyres as the current ones on it are crap and down to the limit, 6 months rego + new helmet, jacket & gloves.

It seems okay with everything thats coming with it
    however i'm hunting around at the moment to see if i can get an independant inspection done on it to make sure i'm not getting taken for a ride.

i'm booked in to do the pre-learner course again for the 2nd time around since I let the last one lapse in 2 weeks time, if I pass that then possibly its off to the dealership to sign some paperwork

Does anybody know of a place on the central coast that may be able to do a proper inspection on this bike?

Cheers all

2. Welcome Aboard Brad !
    and Congrats on the bike..
    I can't help you, but I'm sure a few here from your neck of the woods will steer you in the right direction.
  3. Welcome!

Sounds like a fair deal if it's in good nick...

Let us know if you get it :grin:
  4. well an update
    I ended up purchasing a ZZR-250
    the across was very dodgy
    oh by the way, now that this account is working (it wasn't before)
    the zero_cool1 account can be deleted :)

I'm happy with it, fuel economy is okay
    Power is lacking hehe but i'll deal with that

I'll be a lurker around here for a while :)