Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey all! Returning 1 yr learner rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by BenjaminS, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Hey folks!

21 year old kiwi who's only 5 months off being eligible for an open license, finally about to have the funds to grab a second bike, finding impossible to make a decision.

Its been really shitty/hard not having a bike the past 7 months I've been living here, coming from riding my GSX 250 every day back home. Im trying to find all the reasons not to go and buy a LAMS bike asap to satisfy the urge, because If I wait I'll be able to get pretty much any bike of my dreams - notably a 600 super sport. Its either that or get say a ninja 650 and put clip ons and rear sets on it, or ship a RFV400 and have a race/street bike ready to go, in about 7 or 8 weeks time.

I cant be 100 percent positive but track riding sounds like some of the most fun I'll ever have, and thats where I really want to spend a fair bit of time. Hell If its possible to get a track bike cheap thatd probably be my number one choice right now. I've read and can understand that having a bike both as your main form of transport and a track weapon is a really bad idea. But I do have access to a car and rides to work anyway.

I live literally 5 minutes away from one of Australia's most iconic bike tracks (lakeside) and will be going there as a spectator on the 3rd of October, so If any netriders are there say hi!

Would love to make a new friend or two experienced enough to push me in the right direction whichever that may be :)
  2. Welcome BenjaminS, how long do you have to wait until you no longer need a LAMS bike?
    The RFV400 sounds like the path to take if you want to spend most of your time on the track.
  3. G'day BenjaminBenjamin, welcome to Netrider.
  4. Cheers mate :)

Early February I can go for my open license Mouth! Far too long to wait for a bike if you ask me haha.

The RFV400 sounds perfect, Im hoping I run into one being sold locally.
  5. Welcome to NR