Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey all, newbie from Adelaide

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by South_Oz, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Hey guys, I'm new here, thought I'd introduce myself.
    I'm 43 and recently bought a scooter, really to see if I could get used to wind in my face, I coped with that all right, and will upgrade to a REAL bike soon, hehe. It served a few more purposes as well, I could stay in bed longer in the morning, and also put less fuel into our 4 litre sedan, so it's all good.
    Actually, one of my fondest memories from childhood, was going down to the main road, Anzac Highway, about 300m from home, to wait for Dad, who was riding his Vespa to and from work. He'd carry me home riding on the running board, sometimes with my brother on the back, all HIGHLY illegal these days but we're talking about the early '70s here folks. People did that stuff then. :wink:
    If you guys see me on the road, don't laugh, just wave as you ride by..... :grin:
    Rock on!

2. Hah hah, who said the old days weren't GOOD old days??

Welcome to the joys of wind in the face (and bugs in the teeth too; better get yourself a full-face helmet :LOL:).
  3. Welcome to Netrider South_OZ, glad to hear you are loving being back on two wheels!! :grin:

4. good to see another south aussie!
  5. Welcome South_Oz
    Good to see another south aussie, we are well under-represented here.
    Good to see another "oldie" getting involved too. :wink: :wink:
    Where in Adelaide are you?
  6. At Woodcroft mate.
  7. Hey:)

and welcome :)

good to see more SA'rs,

i too started on a scooter to get myself back on the road.. and now im looking at buying my second motor bike on monday :D

see ya out and about.

and if yoru free come int o scoozi's cafe on wednesday nights on rundle street.