Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hey all, has any 1 used sportsbike panniers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by si-1000, Feb 13, 2007.

1. A few of us are off to tassie :grin: and are trying to work out the best idea to pack stuff onto our bikes, 2 of em 05 blades and 1 speed triple, and were wondering what others had used and recommend we check out

2. The last-but-one edition of RoadRider tested the Oxford panniers on their 'mule' Hyosung 650. It's on page 107. They said that they were small and versatile, but could make the bike quite wide if stuffed full!!
  3. i'll check em out ta.
  4. i have a pair of the oxford panniers. I did a long 2 week insterstate trip at xmas with them. In terms of storage, they were great, they are expandable, so managed to fit all the presies ig to at xam in them.

I would be wary of how they rub against the paintwork though. They come with a rubber mesh mat thingy, that you lay over rear of the bike, it's supposed to stop the bags rubbing on the sides of the bike. I have marks on my bike now, tryed polishing them out, but to no avail.

I would suggest if you are going to use them, get some gaffer tape to put on the bike before you put the bags on.

In any case the oxford bags are better than having a rack - on a sports bike anyway.

my 2c.

5. this guy had his panniers for about 5 days when this happened:

6. That's very sad for the rider and his family, but what happened to the panniers :LOL: :LOL:.
  7. ouch, was this because they were mounted inappropriatly for the bike he was riding?
  8. I've got a set of Motodry panniers, they cost about $150 I think. Great bags, well made for the money, and work very well. Expandable even. I used clear contact to cover the rear panels of the bike before mounting the bags on, stops any scuffing or damage to the paint, and easy to remove after.