Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hew Member here

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by jimmythehuman, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Hello, been posting for a week or so beofre posting my hello - oops :p

Have been riding bikes for a long time, in the bush and occaisionally on road trail.

Havent had one for few years due to wives, kids and mortgages. I still have all of those but seems that persistantly nagging for the past few years has paid off, the wife has approved around 6k for bike + safety gear.

Got my learners last week, am all cashed up and ready to make my first road bike purchase, looking around for a nice CB250F Hornet in Melb.

I wont be riding to work too much (i wear a suit to work), so just a social ride, bit of fun or a squirt around the penninsula on the weekends.

Due to recent spinal snap of our neighbor i am petrified of a spinal injury and am currently researchoing the best that money can buy in back protection.

2. Indeed, after IK's horror stories of last week, a back protector should be part of the shopping list.

I'm biased about your choice of bike, of course, so GO THE HORNETS!

3. Hey Jimmy,
    Welcome! I'm new too :grin:

When I was looking in to protective gear I remembered that Draggin had quite a lot of stuff including back protectors.
    http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products/armour/index.htm

I don't know of any other brands/products, or have experience, so unfortunately i'm not much help. Just thought i'd post the link :LOL:

Good luck!

4. I have looked at the Draggin Stuff and it is mainly an insert for an existing jacket.

A full spinal protector is available from most of the major bike brands. I am looking at one from Dainese (www.dainese.com).

Very comfy compared to other brands tried.

Greg