Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

He's Barack Obama...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Bluesuede, Jun 21, 2009.

1. #1 Bluesuede, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    The guys at JibJab have done it again. Funny stuff :grin:

[media=youtube]kVFdAJRVm94[/media]

2. Don't you just love the comments whinging about racism? Every politican in the U.S. has been ridiculed on the 'Net in some way or other, every President doubly so. But you must say anything about Obama or you'll be labelled a racist...

3. That was a pisser.

Gotta love the ears (omg i'm now a racist)

4. i don't really have an opinion on the video. it's neither offensive, nor particularly funny. but i'm fascinated that you're defending the racist comments. people joked about bush's imcompetence (lack of skill or capability for the job), not the colour of his skin (nothing to do with anything). but if you feel the need to defend and align yourself with the author of the following comment, feel free. someone has to be as ignorant and stupid as s/he is.

"go **** a whit girl, or knock over a bank, or kill some more of your ****** "brothers", or what ever the fcuk jungle bunny fcuks like to do"

5. It was going so well till it turned into an ad for the production company..

6. I'm not defending racist comments, I'm just amused by the knee-jerk reaction of some people to anyone who dares to say ANYTHING against a black man of any sort in 21st century America, even if it's just satirical ridicule....

7. It will be a great day when the colour of someone's skin, their gender, sexual orientation and their religious beliefs do not warrant a mention, unless it's in relation to their policies.

8. I honestly can't see that happening. Sadly enough people just pick out a difference and a way to exploit it.

9. It will be a great day when the colour of someone's skin, their gender, sexual orientation and their religious beliefs do not warrant a mention, unless it's in relation to their policies.

It will.

It was, of course, however, perfectly fine to ridicule the previous President on the basis of his religious beliefs.....

10. No Paul, we ridiculed him because he was an extreme right wing idiot who was influenced by neo-cons who were hell bent on settling old scores.

11. YOU may not have ridiculed him because of his religious beliefs, but plenty of others did, and your comment indicates that you are now, even if you claim you weren't.

12. Paul, you're not making any sense at all. What part of my comment even mentioned his beliefs? I think you're making stuff up now to justify your standpoint.

13. What then, in your words is a 'neo-com', if not a conservative Christian?

14. cocky on the biscuit tin, smee

15. No Paul. If you're going to make claims about what people are saying, be sure of your information. Your faith is important you and I respect that, but it isn't for me.

Neo-con is a short form for Neo-conservatism.

You can read more about them here

16. i found that quite humorous.

this quote sums it up:

17. In what sense is it not ok to ridicule a politician on their religious views? They're a politician, everything comes into play, their personal values, their personal views, and if believe they are literally talking to a supernatural being regarding policy decisions that will effect their country and the world.

If anything, it is not ok to ridicule Tom Cruise for being a scientologist (he is an actor, his religion is irrelevant), but it is perfectly ok to ridicule G Bush.

PS I still make fun of Tom, I am a bad person.