Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Here's another member saying hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SarcasticGamer8, May 11, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

this is my first post, figured it was time to introduce myself.

I'm 24 and have been riding for about a month now, everything has been fun, minus the cold weather.
    I live in the Western suburbs of Melbourne and ride a 2009 Hyosung GT250R.

I sold my car to upgrade to a bike and plan to be an all season rider if I can handle it.

I also plan to start attending ride nights, spanner nights and any other meet I can get to, so hopefully I will meet a lot of you soon.

Anyway, thats about it... I am off to start posting in other threads now.
  2. Yay, finally joins! Tues + Sat learners are best bet.
    Good thing you didnt come to learners last night, twas a nightmare.
  3. welcome, enjoy (y)
  4. Welcome aboard mate. I dare say that you are going miss your heater in the colder months. I am also in the West - look forward to catching up for a ride later in the year. Don't have a bike at the moment :cry:
  5. hey, welcome! Im in Altona and am on a GV250 hyosung. Dont forget coffee night at Groove lounge in Willi around 7.00 Monday Nights.
  6. Hi and welcome to NR
  7. Welcome mate:)

I'm also in the west (keilor downs). Which suburb are you from?
  8. Welcome SG8.

You can definitely handle all weather riding, go for it - it's all just a mindset.

Just stay relaxed, leave lots of extra braking distance, corner and brake smoothly on the cleanest part of the road (the wheel tracks), and be hyper vigilant of vehicles around you. For some reason wet weather seems to make everyone want to change lanes.

Ride deliberately (with commitment as Raven would say), avoid impulsive behaviour and silly risks and you'll be fine.

I'm not a big fan of the rain but my bike has been loving the icy cold air the last two mornings!

9. Thanks guys. I just moved to Williams Landing from Williamstown.
    I still work in Williamstown so Groove Lounge on Mondays will be easy for me. Especially with all the talent walking down Nelson Place.
  10. Welcome on board. Riding in winter is cool and you'll get used to it after a while. Aldi are having a snow gear sale on 2nd June where you can stock up on thermal wear and other cold/wet weather specific clothing to battle the elements.
  11. Welcome to NR.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!