Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Here, kitty kitty

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Jul 26, 2007.

1. I don't know whether to laugh or cringe about this.

News is reporting that a cat in a hospice in the US knows when people are about to die and curls up beside the patient. He is so accurate that the people have started to call relatives when he settles in :?

2. Better that cat than this cat:

Regards, Andrew.
  3. Just think how disappointed the cat must be after going to all the trouble of staking out it's next meal, only to have family show up and ruin everything.
  4. The cat probably has some disease.
  5. Or it's sitting on their IV tube ;).
  6. :rofl:
  7. Pussy to die for? mmm, not what I had in mind. :LOL:
  8. And here I was thinking (looking at the tread title) this was going to be about Stump trying to catch that cat she was talking about earlier this week.
  9. Has anyone considered that perhaps this fluffy little death-predicting fellow is not all sweet and innocent but is infact a very cunning serial killer?? :shock: :LOL:

I mean is he watched 24/7?? Who knows what he gets up to once he's on the patients bed?? I reckon we should get Mulder on the case.. :LOL:
  10. pvda wrote

no one would have thought so, but this has turned out to be more interesting than a stump thread [by god! im a figjam!]

you know, i think its far more likely the cat was sitting on a tube than sensing death.

in the words of Monty Burns..'dont you give me that kiss of death!'
  11. With all the stuff with dad going on, mum found out that cats purr to heal. When mum was knocked off her bike b6y the cabbie, her cat Leroy spent a LOT of time sitting on mum's shoulder purring.

12. Saw that report the other day and just imagine if it came and sat on my bed. I'd be like "f#ck off me bed b@stard cat!" I wouldn't want the cat of death on my bed!!!
  13. lil wrote

about.com:cats wrote:
    yip, purring isnt just about contentment, they do it when anxious as well.

stump it up! :cool: