Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Here comes the new 08 ZX14!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by pro-pilot, Sep 26, 2007.

1.  Top
  2.  Top
  3. I would've said they're tied for world's ugliest, but the B-King is gonna hold that title for an eternity. :wink:

4. It will be approx 8hp more than the current ZX14. Which makes it, so they claim to be 1hp more than the new Busa.. Will be good if they fix the down low torque issue, and i hope what ever mod they make it can be done to current models without any fuss.. :twisted:

5. The down low torque issue wasnt intended to be an issue, it was there so you didnt have a bucketload of torque to make the throttle unbearably twitchy at low rpm, worked, but was not particuarily elegant :D

6. I think it's much nicer looking than a 'Busa. Still not all that special though. Mind you, I'd love the chance to take one for a spin!

7. Can be fixed by removing secondry butterflies. This allows full throttle from go, not at 6k where KHI wants it.. Although with the pipes, filter and PC111 with custom map, i have it down to around 3k it feels like.. :twisted:

Mate not special you say.. :shock: You really need to take one for a spin. :p Once you are on it , and give the throttle a squeeze, you will soon say i want one of these.. :twisted:

8. Oh yeah, I bet it rides like a bolt of lightning. Just not so special looking. Then again, I'm kinda old school... :oops:

:)