Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with the 400cc Racing parts

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by BBaldwin09, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Got a CBR400RR NC29 race bike I just recieved, been looking around for a month but I am struggling to find people/websites that do race fairings, crash knobs or race related stuff for the NC29.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Ahhhhh... Welcome to 400 racing.

You will learn to ride fast grasshopper...

And you will learn to repair the impossible with nothing. :LOL:

3. I know, its lookng that way. I know RB Imports do stuff, but there has to be someone else. ](*,)

4. You'll be right mate. Just go to the track and talk to the 400 guys. It's quite a tight knit fraternity.
    You'll be surprised how much help you'll get from the 400 nerds...

I mean enthusiasts! :LOL:

5. Thanks for the tips! Gave me a good laugh too! :LOL:

6. A bit off topic here and sorry for hijacking...

I am planning to get into the 400cc racing as well...but was wondering if it is legal to race in the Formula 400 with a VFR400 that had a motor transplant from a RVF400?

Sorry once again.

phong =P~

7. It short No, it has to be stock. There are rules on the 400 Racing website that tells you what you can and cant do. Almost everything has to be stock.

Hope it helps, but check the website to be sure! :grin:

8. Yeah, I figured it had to be stock...but the RVF400 is just the newer model up from VFR400 :? so not sure if it makes much of a difference.

Thanks though, I will contact the people from Formula 400 and see what they say. Good luck with your parts hunting :D...if not make them up ;)

phong =P~

9. I think it has to do with the engine/frame combo and the characteristics of the bike.

But your doing the best thing and going straight to the people who know! Best of luck and keep me informed!

10. If you get stuck finding parts, give me a call and I'll do my best to help you find what you need.

11. Ian, I have been waiting for you to chime in here.

12. Thank you for the gesture, I very much appreciate that.

13. LOL rog, I'm busier these days. Don't have as much time to check the forums.

:D

14. I guess that business must be good.