Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with setting up a survey

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by lil, Jun 28, 2005.

1. I was wondering if there's anyone out there who can help me. I've been thinking about the poll that I started and think that maybe I've taken the wrong starting point. After thinking about it and getting feedback from some members, I think that I might be better developing a survey thats more specific and fact oriented than a lot of the 'official' studies. Ones like the MUARC ones are good, but don't find out enough information....seems to be developed by people who don't ride e.g. a lot of us have accidents/incidents as the MUARC survey asked, but didn't delve deeper by asking about the road condition, did another vehicle have a direct affect on your accident, was it purely your error, etc.

I would appreciate any input, advice, help, etc.

My email is lil_bikerchick@hotmail.com or feel free to PM.

Thanks!

:D :D :D

2. Lil, it's always been one of my queries as to what the rider was wearing at the tie of any accident and I don't think that gets covered much. It needs to be fairly detailed (IMO) so if wearing leathers do they have added protection at shoulders, elbows etc.

If wearing Dririder type gear, has it been in an accident before etc. If wearing a mini skirt, wtf are you even near a bike :D

3. I could probably line up a online system, seem to a number of options for survey engines over at sourceforge. I could throw some random thoughts in regards to content of the survey as well if we find a place and time to nut it out.

Given some hosting space and spare time it shouldn't be too hard.

4. I've dropped you a line lil with some prototype questions. I think an open development approach to the questions would be the most beneficial (or the most likely to result in a forum sh!tfight :LOL:)

5. Cos if you're charged $10 an item in a cloak room, the night can get very expensive :shock: :p :wink: :twisted:

Seriously, though, its a good attention seeking device :p

6. Netrider would be happy to supply some hosting space and the survey engine.

7. Well, I've received a very helpful email from Dan, and I'm going to spend a little time developing questions. I'll keep looking for input from people as I'm going to ensure a relevant and useful survey. I want to be able to have a lot of the information to be from the riders' mouths so that the information is 100% accurate.

Thanks for the offer of space Jason. I have no idea how that works, either :oops: , so there's a fair chance you'll be hearing from me a lot.