Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with Piaggio X7 250ie

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Demon Squirrel, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I've been riding for about 6 months now and for my first bike I got a shiny Piaggio X7 250 second-hand.
    The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't come with an owner's manual.
    I don't know a lot about bikes (though I know a few people who do) but I know my bike's in need of an oil change (definitely motor oil if not transmission too.)

I found a service manual for the X7 125 but with my bike having a bigger engine I wouldn't bet on the 125 needing the same oil.

If anyone could find a copy of the owner's manual itself that would be so awesome, though I doubt that after quite a long time of googling.
    Otherwise, hopefully someone can help me find out what oil I need, and where a good place to buy it would be.

Thanks guys :)
  2. If it needs an oil change, drain the oil by undoing the sump plug, then fill it again, not sure about the fairing [if you have to remove any] but a bit of tinkering will get you through.
  3. have a try at scootercommunity.com.au if anyone knows they should be able to direct you.