Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

help with horror movie title . . . .

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Mickyb V9, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hey folks, I have this movie stuck in my head but for the life of me I cannot remember the title !!

- It has this mother and son characters who are monsters.
    - The mom is a good sort, and the son falls in love with a chic who works at the local cinemas.
    - The son drives a blue Mustang, and when he holds his breath he can make himself disappear.
    - Their race of monsters are scared of cats.
    - The final scene has them attacked by cats and they die by burning to death !

Can anyone remember this movie ?
    It was a made of TV movie released around the mid 90s.

I think it was a Stephen King adaptation movie.

2.  Top
  3. Just asked the fiance for you. (She is a horror movie buff)

:D

Sleepwalkers is the one your looking for.

Use to be on SBS every now and then.

4. Defiantly Sleepwalkers have it on dvd & yes by Steven King, which he makes a camo appearance , as he always does.

Recognise others from the following ...

Alice Krige (mother) played the Borg Queen
    Brain Krause, (son) was Leo from Charmed
    Also in this is Mark Hamill (Star Wars)

:LOL:

5. TErrible Movie but a great book. Like all King Stories they don't translate well into film.

The only exceptions are 'The Shawshank Redemption' from the short story 'The picture of Rita Hayworth' and 'The Green Mile'.

6. OK the level of "geek" here now officially scares me.
    Bonus points: What was the soundtrack music? It was a creepy instrumental piece...

7. If your referring to the kitchen dance scene it's ...

"Sleepwalk" by Santo & Johnny

oh yeah Mädchen Amick (cinema chic), she was in Twin Peaks :LOL:

8. Thats what got the movie stuck in my head !
    I had the ipod playing on random and the Rolling Stones song - "Time Is On My Side" came on . . . this reminded me of that movie with Denzel Washington - Fallen, that movie about some demon spirit able to move from person to person.

The tune of this Rolling Stones song reminded me of this creepy song from Sleepwalkers which must have triggered off in my head horror movies i've seen with similar tunes from the 60's/70's ! The cat at the end of the movie Fallen probably also contributed to remembering the Sleepwalkers movie.

I don't think the Sleepwalkers song is instrumental but.

9. Now that was a good movie! And a nice piece of music.

10. +1

But as movie adaptions go, I'd add the film "Stand By Me" from Stephen King's "The Body".

11. yeah, top movie that one.

Bonus points . . . what other Rolling Stones song was played at the end of the movie ???