Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with handlebar installation.... all sorted now

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by happy.grl, Oct 14, 2007.

1. I've just change the handlebars on my ER6 (meaning that Shaggy's done it and I've watched) but the barends that I bought don't fit.

Basically the plasticy rubber thingys that go in the end of the bars are too big, we have thought about cutting them down, but if I (again meaning Shaggy) have to mod them I'd rather use the stock bar ends as they are heavier and return the ones that I bought.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could use to replace these thingys?

2. I have always been reluctant to use after market bar ends. I worry that if they are to light i will get more vibration through the bars than normal.

My choice would be to make the genuine ones fit.. You may have to ask where ever you got the bars from, see if they have the correct rubber insert for you so you can fit your bar ends..
  3. Thanks blue, I actually got the bar from a guy in the US so that was not an option but...

Shaggy got the stock bar ends on with some rubber thingys that he got from somewhere :grin:

The new bars are great!!!!!
  4. Glad there is a happy ending here.. :grin: