Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with FT[?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Paulstar, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I told a mate of mine that i wanted to build a website. So what better way to learn than to learn by doing! so that's what im trying to do. I have some space on his webserver, i have a staged URL for testing and i downloaded an FTP client.

The problem im having is with the FTP client, it wont connect to the FTP...the fields i have are this...

Host.......the support site suggests to put ftp.mydomain.com.au
    User........i put mydomain.com.au
    Password ..i put my main login password

anyway, using all the different details i have. the outcomes i get are...

Status: Resolving address of ftp.rocksh.customers.ilisys.com.au
    Error: Connection timed out

Status: Delaying connection due to previously failed connection attempt...
    Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".

and the best possible outcome so far has been..it 'connected, waited for welcome message and then timed out'

any ideas guys?
  2. ilisys support is top notch, jump ont he phone to them and ask for the correct hostname to connect to. Typically with them it's ftp.domain.com.au ... if you have your domain pointing at them correctly.
  3. they were really helpful when i wanted to setup the staging URL that wasnt a problem, this time around though they asked me to contact my friend who;s account it is...they cant help because its not in my name or somthing like that.

I've tried alot of different server names..haha..im really lost here..

I'll keep trying thanks =]
  4. yes! got it! upload.ilisys.com.au

maybe because my URL is not registered...and im only using a staging URL...

:LOL: yehhh now to upload!
  5. Give up. Go to the pub.
  6. :LOL: all fixed, and things uploaded and such...now struggling with a content management system! hmm it never ends...getting a 22in screen tomor ;) should be sweet and help with the non stop tabbing between screens :cool: