Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with front end

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by robbie55, Jun 25, 2011.

1. After putting in a lowering link on my shiver it was suggested that I lower the front end slightly. I have loosened one side of the front too much though and need to raise it back up slightly. Trouble is each time I try to raise it it actually goes lower. Anyone able to offer advice?

2. Its easy with a centre or race stand,not so much without.Try lightly stugging the pinch bolts and softly knocking the fork down with a peice of timber and a hammer,the friction might hold it and stop it creaping up.Use the timber like a punch,along the end grain,keep clear of any damping adjusting screws,you might also use the socket and extension that fits the fork top nut,be careful not to damage anything.Maybe also wedge out the slots in the tripal trees with a couple of screwdrivers so it allows the fork to slide easier,grabing the fork and twisnting while pulling helps too
  3. You're a champ zim. Worked a treat. Thanks for your help.
  4. Get yourself a trolly jack for the future dude so you're not belting your bike with bits of timber. Bike on sidestand + trolly jack under sump = front end in the air