Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with buying a CBR600

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by psaint, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi,

I just sold my ZX-2R and am now looking at buying a CBR600. However i'm a little unsure whether to get a 2-3 year old model or a new one. Could some of you guys suggest what, financially, is the better choice, also bearing in mind a new model comes out next year.

I've seen 2011 models advertised at just over 13k ride-away. From the research I've done so far I reckon I'll have to shell out around 9k for a used 08 model.

The bike will only be used weekends, so mods aren't important. I'm really most concerned about getting a clean bike and reducing depreciation.

Apologies if this seems a stupid question but I can't make my mind up!

2. 2-3 year old bikes will always be the better financial decision, no matter how good the new deal is. You can get a 3 year old one with bugger all kays for under 8 grand.They're pretty much aa bullet proof bike

3. Out of curiosity I had a look on bikesales and found an 04 with rwc, reg and mods for under $6k! :eek: I don't think I could ever justify going new.

Now depression has set in as I've realised my bike is now worthless:(...I think I'll give mine one more season then upgrade to a newer 600. Winter prices are awesome.