Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help with 98 CB600F purchase

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Portagrug, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Hi all.. im trying to help a friend but i need help myself..

She's looking at a 98 CB600F on Bikepoint.. with 64,500 on the clock..

Would someone be willing to help us out by coming and having a good look at this bike? or would someone with expeirence with this bike just tell us not to bother now? or are they bullet proof and we should grab it if its straight??

Please let me know.. PM or on here..
    Link to ad.

2. There are so many good second hand bikes to choose from I wouldn't get emotionally attached to anything with those sought of miles on it.

What is your budget?
  3. Low budget .. around 3000.. :(
    Really short slight girl.
  4. Well the CB600F is a great bike, just shop around for the best deal
  5. I thankyou for the advice.. now if you could just let me know how to pull 3000 bucks out of my arse.. :) id be a very happy man :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Is that $3000 in $100 notes or $5 notes.
    I reckon $5 notes could be painful
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Have you got a car to sell?
    What's a car good for anyway
  8. No.. its an insurance job from an old bike that some bastard wookie decided to throw around in the city one night.. not even a crash.. just some prick who decided to destroy a bike one night.
  9. Yeah the CB600F is a great reliable bike
  10. Yeah id love that one too.. but still requires the pooping of 2000 dollars..
  11. Just negotiate another $700 off the price
  12. I'd still b short 1300 bucks. Dude you're worse than my wife at this. Hehehehe.
  13. What's $1300. That's just loose change.
  14. #16 positron, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Seriously though.
    Spending $1300 more up front on a better/newer bike could end up being cheaper in the long run.
    What happens if you find out you are up for $1000 in repairs on that cheap CB600F? You will start wishing you spent a bit more up front and got something with less mileage.
  15. I don't think 65000km is that much. After all, I ride a 98 CB600F with over 170,000km gone under it

Sure, not running perfect but it's still a solid machine
  16. Yeah but that is your bike so you know exactly how it has been treated.
    Anyway I agree Honda make great bullet proof bikes
  17. Well yeah.. i have agree with the more up front now and less to spend later.. BUT its not my money we are talking about here.. it belongs to a person who (like me) doesnt consider 1300 pocket change.. :( oh how i wish i could :)
    Thanks for the vote gongrider are they injected? or carby? if its a carby bike then really.. its gotta be pretty solid
  18. I am quite sure it is carbie.
    The newer 2008 is definitely fuel injected