Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP - Who has a Hyosung GT250R?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by bee-are-why, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hey all,

First off (no pun intended) - sorry I haven't seen you guys for a while - Australia day I had my first off (pun intended) :nopity:, nothing major - a scraped knee & bruised ego, but my little Kim Chi had to get fixed -that's why ya get insurance right!?

Anyway, i took the opportunity to get some extra bling for my GT250R. She got a whole new paint job... led indicators (that are hyperflashing - YES I have an electronic LED flasher relay... i think it's dodgy - gonna hopefully sort that out tomorrow)... gonna put some glowy LEDs on her too. Should be fun...

... AND i bought some levers
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...80581763415&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

She's been in MMF (Melbourne Motorcycle Fairings) for the past month and they were kind enough to fit the indicators and levers for me.

Now... funny thing is... the brake lever hits the front fairing when the handlbar is turned hard left... no HUGE problem EXCEPT... it also activates the brake in doing so (NOT so funny anymore). For the most part, it probably won't be an issue coz ya really only full lock the steering when moving real slow, but i almost dropped the bike the other day coz it locked the brake when I was reversing out of my driveway. I first of all thought "dodgy ebay seller - can't even make a proper lever that fits".
    ... But then after riding for a little while... not sure if it's in my head or not.... but it kinda feels like the right handlebar is further forward than the left... also i KNOW they didn't replace the fairing(s) - but rather - fixed it with their magic plastic welding. I'd have thought they were gonna REPLACE it...especially for the money they quoted on the job.
    Keeping in mind it was the right side of the bike that copped all the damage.... i'm thinking perhaps it got bent and they haven't straightened it out properly.

... and THIS is where i need YOUR help.\\:D/

:-k To prove or disprove my theory... i wanna test these levers on another (undamaged) GT250R. Mine's a 2006 model - don't think they changed in the couple of years after that though.

It's a really simple job (if ya can call it that), it should take me all of about 2 minutes to do - But not only will you receive a huge thank you :angel: & the satisfaction of helping out a fellow netrider, there'll be a coffee/hot choc and perhaps a little something extra :wink: in it for whoever would be so kind. :biker:

:beer:
    Cheers

2. There are two different brake levers, they changed when the adjustables came out...

3. Are your handle bars bent,
    Some times you cant see it,
    But it will make a big difference,
    Can you loosen your bars and pull them back a bit so the levers dont hit the fairing,

4. +1 for twisted forks/handlebars
    Most common thing to happen in a light drop. Your forks are supported by 2 triple clamps, one up top right between the handle bars, and one down lower. They clamp onto the forks (as the name suggests) and hold them inline with each other to keep your wheel pointing straight when the handlebars are pointing straight.
    Dropping the bike lightly usually means the handlebars hit the ground first taking the weight of the bike for a split second, which is more than the clamps can handle and twists the forks slightly.
    Easiest method of fixing: Have a straight bar (30cm ruler, level, long block of wood.. anything) at the top of your forks, and the same across the bottom near the wheel (might help to tape it on, and perhaps remove the front fairing if necessary).
    Basically while on the bike you should be able to stand up, look down the forks and see both of these straight bars clearly and they should line up with each other. If they are not lined up, loosen the triple clamps top and bottom, hold the handlebars firmly and twist the wheel.
    method a) someone stands at the front with the wheel between their legs, you twist bars
    b) with no help, bash the wheel against a pole (might scratch the rim though)
    c) hold bars firmly, helper kicks the front of the wheel to one side
    repeat until the bars are lined up, tighten triple clamps up and test ride. It is much easier with someone to help even if they're just there to keep you company and supply the coffees :p
    Good luck (y)

5. how do i know which mine is?... Sh!t

6. @deadman & dragoncypher... thanks for the advice, i'll check it out when i'm tinkering next... grrr... at slack-ass repairs.

while i'm at it... don't suppose either of you know how to adjust the throttle... erh thingy. LoL, i'm pretty sure that's the technical term. i'm positive it didn't used to do this. But NOW the throttle has a bit of 'play'. It used to be that i twist it and it would immediately engage the throttle, NOW it turns maybe 10 degrees odd before actually doing anything - very annoying - making my ride less smooth.

7. There will be an adjustment for it. Could be at the throttle end, could be at the carbie end or could be both (sorry don't know the set up on your bike).

At the carbie end , on one of my bikes there is a single adjustment point to an arm that operates all carbies and on the other separate adjustments for each carb. If the latter, playing with them and not getting right may end up with the carbies not properly synchronised.

8. Where in Melb are you, if your close drop in here, 20 minutes and your on your way again,