Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help! Want an owners manual for my gsxr 600 k7

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by parko, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hey All,

Just got myself a gsxr 600 k7, but as per usual with second hand bikes, no spare key and no owners manual. In the process of getting a spare key ($$$), but I was hoping to save on the owners manual... Can anybody here be of any help? I've found a copy of a service manual but it doesn't tell me how to use the buttons on the dash (among other things). Trawling the gsxr dedicated forums hasn't produced anything (except the service manual).

Any help much appreciated!

2. have u checked the gixxer forums?
  3. Parko, Funny you mention this as I have the same problem with exactly the same model Gixxer although I do have all the keys. I have managed to get a new service log book and get it stamped by the original selling dealership who also did the first service and stamped that as well. Springwood Suzuki in Brisbane - got to give it to them as they didn't need to be so helpful and there was nothing in it for them but Rob Jones was a star. Definately recommend any QLD'ers in Brisbane to use this guy if buying a Suzuki.
    With regards to the owners manual, you can't buy them from Suzuki - I checked. I have ended up buying one from eBay for $35 inc delivery. Its unfortunately the US version but doing a bit of checking, little difference apart from imperial measurements used and some specification ratings on emissions/noise and economy. JUst couldn't source an Australian edition for the 2006/7 K6/7 GSX-R600. If you are seriously wanting these stats, you would be looking in the technical service manual anyway, not the owners manual. Hope this helps
  4. I posted the same question when I got my K8 750 not that long ago.... Unfortunately I never found a soft copy (however I got the hard copy from the previous owner after a 3 week wait).

I read it cover to cover and as far as dash buttons go, there's not much in there that's not available on YouTube - This guys has some awesome tutorials about most of the dash configuration: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBlueGixxer

(Shift light, birghtness, clock, trip meters).
  5. For anybody else out there who might be after this...

After trawling the www.gsxr.com site I found this... It's a scanned owners manual for a GSX-R1000, but it has all the info I needed regarding the dash buttons...

The working link(s) are in the third last post by uriah...

ps. Thx TheRuss for the link to the informative MrBlueGixxer youtube site!