Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help to install motorcycle alarm

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by GMAN, Nov 29, 2005.

1. :oops:
    i was in the group buy for the "STEEL MATE 886 MOTORCYCLE ALARM SYSTEM" :D

:p the help i require is to get this alarm installed by someone who had installed it to there bike.
    its been awhile since i purchased it and its been in the box under my bed.
    i am willing to to pay $$$$ for someone out there to install the alarm.
    :D also wats everyones views of the alarm after they installed it??? lived up to expectations???

2. If you want it installed PM me your number
  3. works fine, no complaints here :D

the sensitivity is a bit iffy, sometimes seems to go off easier than other times, but in the end, it still works. sit on the bike, you get a warning, dont get off and you hear some real noise. and as soon as the ignition is switched on, it pipes up aswell. immobiliser works fine, remotes work from a reasonable distance..... good value for money :D

wouldn't try installing it myself in someone elses newish bike tho, hate to fudge something there and i know the 954 is a bit sensitive with the electrics. i have a manual on my HDD if you want tho i guess? might help you detirmine what wires you need to play with. wasn't easy working it out on the XJR without knowing, hate to try it on a modern bike....