Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help! Squealing noise coming from front of Spada??

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by suzyq, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Hi Guys,

This morning on the way to work doing about 90 up Boddington Hill (for those that know it!), a high pitched squealing noise :shock: started to come from, I think, the front of the bike? What could it be? :?

The noise continued until i had to slow down for some lights :) and then it started again :( as I picked up speed, probably at about 60 or so, and didn't stop until again I slowed for some lights. The power was not affected and the bike didn't feel any different at all, but the noise was very unpleasant! :?:

Thanks for your help....

2. if it just started all of a sudden, I'd say ya got something stuck under ya front gaurd or maybe in ya brake caliper. Check between the brake pad and ya disc...

also you could call in at a garage on the way home and get'em to check, just about anywhere would atleast look for ya.
  3. My guess is it's either brakes binding or wheel bearings dying. If it has a centre stand that leaves the front wheel in the air, you can check the brakes by trying to turn the wheel and feel for resistance.
    If its the wheel bearings collapsing they will make a grinding/crunching/screaming sound (don't ask). Dying wheel bearings will allow the wheel to feel a little loose on it's axle.
    Either means a trip to the mechanic if you are not experienced in such things.

check for something jammed under the mudguard and rubbing on the tyre.
  4. Possibly the neighbours cat or a small child caught in your spokes??