Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP!!! Re attaching the tank infill fairing panel

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by GixxerBoy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Hey all,
    I had to replace my battery and to enable access to the battery I have removed the tank infill panels. Unfortunately now the battery has been replaced cannot get these stupid things back on. Can anybody help me?

2. Hey mate, i have the same bike and colour as you so i should be able to help.

I think you're talking about those carbon look pieces that sit under the tank that you remove to get to the allen bolts which remove the riders seat?

I had to remove them in order to install my fender eliminator on both sides. You need to tuck in the little tab that pokes out on the corner of the piece under the tank and then line up the plug that sticks out and then push pretty hard on the whole piece in order to get the velcro to stick down firmly and get the plug to sit firmly. It shouldn't be too hard, i don't know if this explanation helped but just make sure the plug is in right and the whole piece is pushed down hard. When i replaced mine it didn't feel too secure but it's on alright now (y)

This video at the 4 minute mark shows you how to put it back on