Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP PLEASE- Ducati 848 tail vent inserts

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Dee057, Dec 22, 2011.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/38039043345...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3318wt_956

I purchased these on ebay.
    I removed the existing plastic vents but the carbon fibre ones dont seem to nearly fit as snug as the plastic ones. Seems to be a mm off here and there.

I used gasket silicon as it has the highest heat resistance out of all the silicons.

I left it for 2 days to dry and set and the damn thing flew off in a local ride to the shops and back.

Any suggestions? Maybe put them inside the plastic so it fits snug? Another silicon or glue?

2. Gasget silicon is designs to be flexable and not set ridge,how much heat are we talking about.What holds the origanal part in.The add said silicon and if you have problems email them.Baring that I am a big fan of Sigaflex,there are lots of differant types,google the website.They have a Siga that glues bodywork kits for cars thats very strong,use marsking tape if its anywhere near a paint finish.