Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help on wearing Leather

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by raven, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Firstly...I'm referring to wearing leather while riding a bike - right. :LOL:

Specifically, I need a bit of advice.
    I bought a nice new Dainese Leather Jacket. Up to now though, I have always worn textiles.
    Naturally, the leather is much tighter and form fitting (relatively speaking)

At the time I made the purchase I had a choice between a size 52 or 50. One was too big, one was a little tight.
    I preferred the looser fit, but the salesman (who was very helpful), advised me to go with the size 50 since the Jacket would stretch somewhat after a while as it took on my general shape...and that it could in effect stretch up to half a size bigger... That all sounded fair enough to me, as that half a size bigger was my size, I reckon.

So...is it a general consensus among you "leather wearers", that this is true, or did I swallow a bullcrap story hook line and sinker.?

I mean, I am prepared to exchange it for the larger size 52 if I have to.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice guys.