Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help needed - Honda Spada Insurance

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by jaypee, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of the Spada owners there have insured there bikes? Particularly the imported VT250L model. If so, who did you go with and how much did you have to pay.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. I got mine through SGIC. They only do third party and full comprehensive (no third party fire and theft). I cant remember the exact cost but its around $300-$400 per year for me for third party.
  3. im with qbe regular third party and im paying around 300
  4. Thanks guys..

Its more expensive than I thought it would be.
  5. i got full comp with nrma.

pay under 300 for it.
  6. Full comp for $250 underwritten by CGU through savings and loan
  7. I have third party fire and theft for $366 from Swann - Of course I work for CGU as an underwriter so I got a bit of a discount and didn't have to go through a broker.

Western QBE is the suck but RACV were more than a little decent with the price for comprehensive (no third party f +t I think)
  8. I think I'll be leaveing RACV alone for my next bike, I got a quote of a little over $3700 for comprehensive. Might have something to do with be being 21 though....
    I'll probably go with AAMI, they quoted me $843 for comprehensive, and I didn't have to wade through the layers of computerised menus :?

Oh, and NRMA don't insure bikes anymore unless you are already insured with them. They now refer you to RACV.

EDIT: I should probably mention that's for a yamaha 850 I was getting quotes.