Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help needed – Someone to do a pre-delivery inspection (VIC)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by JontyG, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Here’s the story:

I am going to be taking delivery of a ’07 Speed Triple in the near future, at Peter Stevens (Ringwood) – date is still to determined.

I’m living in Canberra, and will be making arrangements to have the bike freighted from Melbourne to Canberra.

However, PS do not want to release the bike until a pre-delivery inspection is carried out by the owner or an appointed agent.

Unfortunately, I don’t really know any MC-savvy people in Melbourne that I can get to inspect the bike for me.

So, I was hoping to find someone that lives close to PS (Ringwood) that would be so kind as to pop their head in and look the bike over for me.

This is the first new MC I‘ve purchased, so I’m not 100% sure what needs to be inspected. I wouldn’t imagine that it needs to be anything too thorough. I guess just to make sure everything is where it should be, and that it starts and runs ok, and that there are no obvious leaks or damage to the bodywork.

I also want to make sure it’s an ’07 model, as apposed to an ’06 (There are some minor aesthetic differences between the two).

As mentioned I don’t have a firm date of delivery as yet, but I’m hoping PS will receive it some time this week.

Any takers, please PM me.

2. Or just wait until JohnnyO starts up as accessories manager at PoS ringwood, which will be very soon.

I'm sure he can duck downstairs and give it a very thorough check for you, he knows bikes backwards. PM him.
  3. Hey,

If Tiga's suggestion doesn't suit you, I can take a look for you, living about 5 mins drive from the place.

I'm not extreemly technical, but can see the obvious leaks and scratches.

4. Thanks for the responses guys! I'm all sorted!!

Tiga, funnily enough I contacted Pete at UMI just before reading your reply. I'll be getting him to look it over for me, and he managed to organise a great deal on freight (door to door) for the bike melb - canberra as well :grin:

5. Cool, good stuff Jonty..... and enjoy your bike :)