Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP: Need to find shop

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by wake75, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Hey, i gotta get my head sent away to get titanium valves, harden seats etc. The problem is i cannot find the place to send it, a guy we know has the same bike and recommend this place but he cannot find the address and wat not and i have searched the web but come up wit nothing
    We know its in NSW somewhere and think its called "Ramheads"
    It has been advertised in magazines
    Any help is appreciated

Cheers Wake75
  2. The place you are looking for is Rams Head Services – 02 4577 6099
    www ramsheadservice dot com dot au (I cant paste links yet, I'm under 5 posts)

Apparently they do a top job and get roughly twice the amount of life out of the valves after their modifications.

I have also been told that Competition Motorcycles do the same sort of work
    Factory 1, 7 Nevada Crt Hoppers Crossing VIC 3029
    ph: (03) 8742 2999
    It might be worth giving them a call and comparing pricing

Good luck
  3. thanks bro
    someone else on a diff site gave ramheadservice but still appriciate your reply, my heads already done there gettin fixed, didnt take them long to get started on it which is good

well anyway cheers for teh reply
  4. I thought that might be the case.

I would be interested in knowing what you ended up getting done, and to what type of bike etc.

5. Its bein done for an RM-Z 450 '05 model, im not completely sure wat we have gotten done cuz my dad has organised it and everythin. I know we got both inlet and both exhaust valves done so all 4, got titanium valves, harden seats (i think its harden, might of been softer), new springs and thats bout all i know that they have done.

6. The valves actually titanium, or were they just titanium nitride coated?
  7. ur to smart, i wouldnt have a clue, im in the learning stages of the maintenance side of things (if thats even spelt right), i only know the minor stuff and how to ride, and i aint all good at that. Cant wait till i get me bike back though, started doin endos when it broke down so im keen to get them goin again