Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help Me to choose right pants.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by kimsj0123, May 14, 2007.

1. Dear. Netriders,

I'd like to hear your suggestions regarding pants.
    Just purchased one of leather jacket and halfcut boots, but thinking of wearing leather pants will make me look like one of wannabie, so want to choose between draggin pants and condura(armoured) pants. Perhaps jeans with heavy armour guards?
    However, have no idea of where to start(e.g Ebay?) and where should I get some more info?
    I'll ride a cruiser for commuting purposes.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Jay

2. Get both - draggins for your everyday riding and some cordura ones for when its wet or cold.

Where are you located? Can't recommend good shops without knowing if you're even in the same city :grin:

3. Aaaah, sorry.

Living in Sydney near Epping or Eastwood area. Bloody far from Melbourne though.
    Thanks for your tip. :grin:

4. head across to MCAS in parra... they have a decent selection of gear. Draggins are good for day to day riding, but have no impact protection (you can buy velcro inserts... i've got them, which i use on big rides)

Cordura can get hot i'm told.. i've never used them

5. You poor sod! Living in Carlingford huh? (Shhh... don't tell anyone that i'm in Carlingford as well... :eek: :shock: ).

As for gear, go to BikeBiz in Parramatta and ask for "Trevor"... not only is he one of the nicest guys around, he KNOWS HIS STUFF! "Tim" at Action Motorcycles in Parramatta also knows his stuff and is a good guy as well... maybe it's just me, but I get SHIT SERVICE! From the guys at MCA in Parra... MCA in the City has nice people, but the people in the Parramatta store are such feckwits! They don't know sh!t!

6. As the others have said you will eventually want both.

So if $$ is an issue seeing we are coming into winter id suggest getting the cordura now and get some draggins later on when the warmer weather starts.

Just make sure they have a removable thermal liner in case it gets warm.

Oh and make sure you get 1 size too big, you will thank me later.

7. perhaps, these? ;)

may not be work safe, for those sensative types...

meh! forget about looking like a wannabe! not all leather pants come with those knee sliders. don't dress to impress! gravel rash sucks!