Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help me plan my trips

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by BoostJunky, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Although Ill be in school while in Melb, Im still planning plenty of sight seeing type stuff. I am thinking much of this will be on the bike.

I cant seem to decide what all I want to see and what is realistic. I will have time for alot of 3-4 day trips, 2 weeks in october likely then all of december free.

I was thinking that in october I will Melb to Brisbane and back over the two weeks.

Any suggestions for the rest of my time? Places I must see? Amazing rides?

If I were to ride to perth, sticking to the more interesting routes how much time would I need? Would it be a decent ride or just long without much to see/do on the way?

Any suggestions are appreciated!
  2. I'd suggest riding around Tassie (take about 1-1.5 weeks comfortably). This is one trip I am so looking forward to taking when I have the time. I've driven it with family, and can't wait to bring my bike down there.

There are all the typical day trips - the spurs, great ocean road, phillip island (the motoGP will be on in mid October).

3. Oh thats right..I def have to make the motoGP. Its prob around the time I have off school which is too bad...kinda messes up my plan. Oh well.

For the tassie trip, I take it you ferry the bike there? How long does that take and what does it cost approx?
  4. yup - take the ferry. Fares for the ferry are at http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/index.htm - but as said they do sometimes have special deals (they have a 50% off deal till end of August at the moment - $69 each way for an adult. Being a student will be a bit cheaper). When we went we did a day crossing, and stayed the first night in Devonport and set out 'fresh' (driving) the next day.