Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help me find a throat coat!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by karenr, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I used to ride a motorbike in Melbourne 'many' years ago and had a great 'throat coat'/'apple warmer' that velcro'd onto my helmet and cut all the wind out.

I live in Perth now and am having a hassle trying to find a similar product, even on the Net.

I need some help with locating a similar product - 'HELMAX Weather Guard' (it combines the HALO Reflective Helmet Band with a soft neoprene skirt that extends 12 inches below the helmet that covers the neck).

It seems to be the closest to what I am looking for.

'Mfiap' sells them on the Net but I think they are based in the United States and would prefer to buy from Aus if possible.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Karen :)
  2. Ditto. They work well and you can pull them up over your chin :)
  3. and if you want more, get a silk balaclava...

the problem with things that extend down past your neck is that it tends to restrict how far you can turn your head to do a head check... not something you want.
  4. Thanks for that. I will have a look at the one you've suggested.

I would have given the link for the ones I was looking at but I can't post a URL yet. :( Never mind. If I write you few more messages I can then show you the ones I was talking about! :grin: