Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help Kwaka clutch problem...

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by spike69r, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm new to NR and motorcycles in general. I have a 91 ZXR250C and have recently have had problems with my clutch where it doesn't seem to fully release. I initially thought it was a cable but have since replaced it with a new one and the problem although better is still there. I have adjusted the full length of the cable, so i am now thinking the problem lies within the clutch release mechanism. The clutches fully engaged lever position is forward of 90 degrees from the front. IS is normal? I am fairly mechanically minded so willing to give it a go myself or take it to a mechanic (if you guys can recommend one) in the Liverpool or nearby areas of Sydney. Please, any help will be apppreciated.

2. All good guys, I pulled the clutch cover off and replaced the clutch release lever, my old one was 1/5 of a mm more worn. massive difference!