Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help !!! Insuring an unreg bike... possible?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by VladTepes, Apr 23, 2012.

  1. Suncorp won't touch it either as a vehicle until I can prove its roadworthied. The reason it's not registered of course is that I need to do some work on it before I can roadworthy it. ](*,)

    Suncorp also won't cover it under my home contents policy either. They say they will cover "up to $500" for any parts that get stolen. Great. Not what I'm after. ALso he reckons that if the whole bike got stolen and it wasnt disassembled then that won;t count as parts. ](*,)

    QBE (who I have my GSX with) won;t insure it until it's registered. ](*,)

    Is there a way or a company that will insure an unregistered bike ?
  2. I think Shannons do 'laid up' insurance. But you'd probably have to be a customer of theirs with another bike first.
  3. Shannon's will yep, I havemy track bike insured with them. It's called laid up insurance as above. Is only covered for theft and damage cause when not riding (fall over/off trailer/out of ute) and yes for this kind of policy they will check the damage and they know it it's cause from a drop when riding!
  4. IMR insure chook chasers, maybe they're worth chattin to??
  5. Just checked with Shannons - sorted ! Thanks all !