Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help grinding noise

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by myki, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Hi all

I have a CBR250RR and I get this grinding noise when i'm in neutral and the clutch is out, but when I pull the clutch in it stops.

Please help me

2. Ah, Grinding Noise = Bad

Clutch in means the gearbox isn't being turned over. Clutch out, even in neutral, means gearbox is being turned over, but no gear engaged.

Sounds like you have a gearbox problem. Less likely a clutch problem. Better get it looked at. Got oil in there?

Of course, on my Ducati, clutch out means Cling Cling from the clutch, which is perfectly normal, as it is a dry clutch. Not so on your bike, I believe.
  3. What Roderick said, but if you are lucky it might just be a worn thrust bearing on the clutch, a cheap and simple fix, (compared to a shot gearbox anyway).
  4. Thanks for the reply guys... i also did a search and found this thread

seems like this person has the same problem as me except different bike

should I be really concern as i don't have much money at the moment and can't afford to get the bike fixed ?

EDIT: also when I put it in first and slowly off the clutch the gear engages witout a problem and no grinding noise as well
  5. as above, i would be thinking thrust bearing, and you cant hear the noise with it in gear and going because its not a LOUD noise, but a scrapy-grindy one.