Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help - Going going - not!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Shadow200, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Hey,
    Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but i've searched and can't find it. I've had my honda shadow ta200 about 3 weeks now :). WHen I bought the bike, I had to replace the old original battery with a new one. Charged overnight and was fine. Rode to work and back all week. Sunday arvo wash bike and go to start it after starting it 2 hrs before and it slighty turned over. Ok, flat battery I thought. Charged batt - good as new. Rode all week then not on weekend. Go to Jump on bike this morning and same again. S**T. Tell hubby to charge it and I'll be home at lunch to pick it up. He goes to wheel it around back to charge and it starts first go - no worries???? What is going on?? Any Ideas??
    Sorry for the long story!!
    It better start for when I go home today!!!

2. It's a Honda. Talk to your local dealer or where you get your servicing done and get them to order in and fit for you a new Voltage Regulator. The problem will be sol-ved, as Inspector Clouseau used to say....

3. Perhaps dirty termanals? So its not getting direct contact, when you move the bike perhaps the cables move and it gets contact.

4. I agree totally with hornet600. I had the same symptoms on my bike in a couple of years ago and I got a new Regulator/Rectifier and now it works no probs. :cool:

5.  Top