Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help from VFR riders needed, Headlight Problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Big Chris, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Sure looks like one.
    I'd download the tech/w'shop manual for a VFR and check the part numbers, or ring a Honda dealer and ask.
  2. Hye guys,
    Thanks for the info,
    the part number is out slightly,
    but looks like I have got myself a headlight from a
    1998 to 2001 VFR800. Do'ah.

The part number on the honda box I have is,
    and from that parts list,
    they have the number as,

Could someone riding a VFR800 1998 to 2001 model,
    please have a look at the headlight on your bike
    and see what the STANLEY part number on the front centre of the light is.

Thanks heaps

ps, I think I willl be selling a VFR headlight real soon.
  3. The 'MGB' part of the part number is a code for the type of bike it is for. The Australian headlights are probably different in detail to the US ones and may have a different part number.

Check some other VFR8 part numbers and if you see 'MGB' popping up on parts that could only fit VFRs (like fairing panels, seats, exhausts) as opposed to parts that will fit several bikes (like blinkers or footpegs), that's what you have.

33102 is the part itself (in this case, a headlight), 'MGB' is as above, and '601'/'651' is a code for the people who supply the part to Honda. So theoretically part 33102 MGB 601 should interchange with part 33102 MGB 651, assuming the parts that attaches to are the same.

Hope this helps.
  4. The number on the headlight of my 98 VFR800 is R6371. The picture sure looks like a VFR.
  5. Hey,
    Thanks guys,
    I had a look at the headlight on a 1997 model at Pro Honda after work,
    has the same number,
    STANLEY R6371,
    Now just need to find what other year models it fits,
    then sell it and get the right headlight for my 1999 Blade.

6. Hi all,
    the headlight is up for sale on ebay,
    look for VFR 800.