Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

help? Frame straightening Sydney

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by crysix, Aug 31, 2010.

1. any good frame straightener service around Sydney?
    My frame is bend backwards and twisted a bit to the left, pretty nasty ):

2. Re: help?

if it's really bad, it could have weakened it severely and would not be suitable for riding in some cases. i'd think about replacing it.
  3. Re: help?

how much does a frame usually cost?
  4. Laurie Alderton,in Smithfeild.Top man at this
  5. Laurie is the man, he did my ducati, straightened then rewelded the entire frame.... that was 8 years ago and Ive nerver had a problem with it....

I wonder if hes still operating was 10 short st smithfield just off teh cumberland...
  6. yep he is
  7. I gave that Laurie Alderton a call, they said that i needed to wait for 3 or 4 weeks, because they have such a long Que, so i was wondering whether there's any other frame service that might be able to fix my frame in a shorter time
  8. what was his quote?
  9. Its like French Polishing,its a dieing art.Not that I know in Sydney
  10. Good repair shops always have a waiting list, that's how you know they're good.
  11. Wait for Laurie. You really want to take it to someone that has no customers already?
  12. ah, he was said approximately $450 or $300 depending on the damage, um yea I had an accident approximately 4 or 5 weeks ago, so i have been waiting for quite a while to get back on the road again, but i suppose i have no choice but to wait 3 or 4 extra weeks to get my frame fixed.
  13. Boys Laurie is no one trick pony he also does gorgeous rim work