Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help- First break down......

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Little_Miss, May 21, 2005.

1. Hi Guys, (newbie rider here) riding home this morning something within my throttle just "snapped" and my bike ran out of power. Now my throttle just loosely moves and naturally the bike doesn’t move. After a taxi trip home and a phone call to RACV to have her towed can any one suggest a mechanic or repair place to have her fixed, preferably North/West or inner city. Given it’s a Saturday I'm hoping they don’t all shut up shop at 12.

Any suggestions, advice or recommendations would be extremely helpful....

2. In most cases the best person to ask about the closet place to help fix the bike is the guy towing your bike......since they have no doubt done it before in just about every area.

There are dedicated bike towing services who would probably be better equiped than RACV at towing your bike and most likely know the best places to drop the bike off

Other than that Don't know of any repairers our in the western suburbs
  3. There are 3 bike shops on the Old Geelong Road (HOppers Crossing) that I know of, either one of them will be able to repair it.

The West is a vast place, care to be more specific with your location?
  4. Sounds like either of 3 probs:
    1) cable snapped--replace cable
    2) nipple either end has come off---replace cable
    3) Cable has slipped off the guide in the twist-grip...
    needs checking out as to WHY....possibly the plastic guides have worn---replace grip...or.... cable was way too lose in the first place, then re-attach and adjust cable to about 1-2 mm free-play
  5. I just re-read your post....and you are interesting in Inner city options as well

76 Hoddle Street Abbotsford (entrance is at the back in Henry Street, Map)
    03 9419 9960

9am - 6pm Mon - Fri
    10am - 4pm Sat

Liam will look after you.
  6. you could try Raceway suzuki or Biks Plus on Keilor rd, Niddrie. i think Bikes plus closes at 3
  7. Thanks for the advice guys....bike is currently with Raceway Suzuki.