Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP - Embarrassing VTR1000 question

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by josh909, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Can't believe i'm asking this, but what's the trick to taking the seat off a Firestorm?

I turn the key and the seat can be lifted a couple of centimetres but then it stops... i'm guessing there's a catch somewhere?

2. Push slightly down and backwards :)

3. You have to push the fu#ker hard at times, mine gets stuck as well. Push down and slide back, hope this helps...

4. seems like there IS a catch.
    And that's the catch.

Lift up & slide back.
    Shake your tail feather......

5. I grab it right under the front half of the seat, near the fuel filter and pull it backwards (towards the tail lights) nice and hard. From memory (bike isn't at work with me today) my hand would be within two inches of the front of the seat.

It's a pig of a seat, one of the worst designs I could imagine but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

When it doesn't pop up in response to turning the key, try pushing down on the back edge of the seat to help it unhook from the locking mechanism too. Once the lock is disengaged all that is holding it on are the hooks (you'll see what I mean once the seat is off).